Monday, July 29, 2013

Festival Fashion - Part 1

I had just found this unexpected patchwork maxi skirt in the most unexpected thrift shop. My sister looked at me quizzically until I explained "It's a festival skirt."

In the ensuing conversation she mentioned that many of the fashion blogs are obsessed with festival fashion right now. (There are fashion blogs about festival fashion? There are Fashion blogs?)
In the week leading up to our Grassroots festival she shot me links to several of said blogs, and finally parked in line for Car-camping waiting for the gates of the festival to open, I blithely promised here photos and updates on Grassroots 2013 festival fashion. This is what ensued.

After a heated discussion about under what circumstances a bra is a shirt, and the bravery of women wearing white dresses in the drenching downpour and ensuing mud, I started surreptitiously taking photos to try to capture the GrassRoots 2013 trends:

First- It goes without saying that the very short cut-offs were everywhere. Something creepy about photographing women's rear-ends in their short shorts without permission so I'll leave you to your own devices on that.

Second- the white lace dress/top. Came out of no where this year.


(Who are these brave girls wearing white dresses in this mud?)

Third - the number of women wearing flowers in their hair went up exponentially this year. Apparently my sister and I were not the only ones that saw the Coachella blogs
I believe this one was made with actual flowers...

I like this fresh take on the festival flower...

Notice that this young woman is rocking the flowers, the cut offs and the white lace. A moment of festival fashion convergence.

Coming up- feet and heads...

No comments: