Tuesday, March 06, 2007

In spite of the tulips

Today is a sad day. I know the sun is shining, and the birds are chirping, and the pink tulips I planted in front of the house to hide our hose are opening in a hopeful way, but I'm sad.

My partner in ministry, with whom I shared the sublime and ridiculous of our work together, and of living on this earth, just began her maternity leave. Which is definitely a really happy thing. Her baby is so sweet, and they are such a beautiful family together. I had the privilege of holding that new life in my arms last night, and sharing that amazing feeling of magic that emanates from a new family. It's a dream come true.

I just miss my partner is all, and tangled up with that are all the other losses still to come: this congregation, this community, this place, this home, these dear friends.

But today is Tuesday, staff meeting day, and in place of our regular meeting, is this blog, which can’t come close to holding the sadness of ending our partnership, or the miracle of that precious new child.

No comments: