Tuesday, March 06, 2007

102 days

Friends and companions are starting to say, "let's be sure to se each other one more time before you go."

Before I go in June?

There are so many days between here and there. 102 approximately. I'm not dying or something, I'm just moving to New York.

All of those days I will still get up, listen to music, get stuck in traffic, go to work, be a mom, care about society, worry about stuff and celebrate stuff. There will just be more boxes around towards the end.

Is it going to get weird once people start saying goodbye? Will we be able to say "hi" again when we run into each other in the street? Can I call them to go get a drink or take the kids to the playground?

Let's think of it like summer romance instead. Those 6 or 8 weeks at summer camp seemed a world unto themselves; they were powerful and left memories I'll always have. A lot can happen in 4 months.

No comments: