Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sowain

Tonight we drove up to the top of Dawes Hill to celebrate Sowain with friends. With a ritual journey into the underworld. We bundled up for our walk through the woods, but even before the sun set, we were all wishing we had one more layer (my son on his hands, me on my feet).

My son got to process under a dragon's tail, and hold his own candle. He was sad that there was not more pomegranate seeds and whole wheat bread to eat during the ritual. (yes, this is the kid who normally refuses all food that doesn't fall into plain pasta category)

My son spontaneously told the story of how the Rainbow Bird brought light to the world.
Mama spontaneously told the story of how Persephone became a part-time hospice chaplain.

Our favorite quotes:
"Never go into the Underworld without your friends"
"It's COLD in the underworld!"

No comments: