Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Heart Centered

I love my congregation.
I don't mean "This organization has a lot of assets and dynamic energy for growth"
I mean I love them.
Sometimes it makes my chest hurt, the warmth and connection I feel for them.

I confessed this to my environmental study group last night, and realized I love them too.

This got me to wondering -- why am I so heart centered all of a sudden? My guess is that I now have the time to feel things. Working full time with a Silicon Valley commute and a small child I often felt numb. I wonder if now that I work part time, and most of that from home, I finally have time to feel stuff. I have noticed about myself that my mind zooms ahead of what my body can do, and my emotional body falls even behind that. "Go on ahead" it says "I'll catch up" Which is probably why I am often a grump on my day off- I sat still and my emotions caught up to me.

No comments: