Thursday, August 28, 2008

Seeing red white and blue

By the time I was the age my son is now, I had seen President Nixon resign in disgrace. Since then there have so many Regans and Bushes I don't believe I have ever felt hopeful about presidential politics. This week, watching the Democratic National Convention on NBC, I have to admit to feeling excited, feeling moved and yes, even feeling hopeful. We let my son stay up late to watch Barak Obama accept the nomination. We said "You may not know it now, but this is a very important moment. When you are grown up, we want you to be able to look back and remember it."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nixon resigned rather than face impeachment in 1974, but I take your point.

Ginger Root said...

Thanks hon. What would I do without my favorite editor.

lou jones said...

You speak from my heart.

lou jones said...

can I be your second favorite editor?

Ginger Root said...

Girlfriend, you can edit me any time.