Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Plant Comes Home

Some of you may remember Plant, the only one of my herbaceous friends to make the journey with me from California to New York. For the past few months, Plant has been living in my window at the agency where I have been doing Casework for the past year. Well, Thursday I said goodbye to my co-workers, and plant came home. Friday was my first day as parish minister to my new congregation. I confess that I was pretty burned out by the time we loaded up the station wagon and headed east, but right now I feel like I am coming home after a very long absence. "Oh, ministry! I love ministry! I put years of discernment, passion and preparation into this work," I suddenly remember.

I am very excited to be working with this caring group of folks. I have never served a "Family Size" congregation before, so all new challenges lay ahead. But plant and I have come home.

No comments: