Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Union Maid

I was listening to a new album by "Old Crow Medicine Show" on the way to work today, and when they started to sing:
"Oh, you can't scare me,
I'm sticking with the Union
I'm sticking with the Union
I'm sticking with the Union"
I flashed back to all those stories told by Utah Phillips and Howard Zinn about the history of the Union movement. Remembering that people died to bring us the 40 hour week.

I was so riled up I wanted to go into the office and talk animatedly to... to...

oh. I wanted to talk to (B) our church administrator, who died an untimely death less than 3 years ago.

It was a sad moment.

Thank you (B) for always sticking with the Union.

Thank you to all those men and women who fought and struggled and sometimes died for humane working conditions.

No comments: