Monday, February 09, 2009

It's not me!

When our outdoor thermometer broke we replaced it with an indoor-outdoor. I put it here by my desk so I can see how cold it really is out there. Just for kicks I switched it over to "indoor" -- it was 60 in here by my computer desk. Turns out the register in this room is not getting warm for some reason. While we try to decide if it's worth calling the furnace guy out to fix it I've dragged the space heater up from the basement and turned the rest of the house down to 64. Our dog, who normally keeps me company here in the office while I work, looked suspiciously at the heater a few times, whimpered, and then went to hang out with my husband. The thermometer now reads 62.6 and I can't believe how much warmer it feels. And here all this time I thought I was just a California wimp. I will keep wearing my wool socks and wool sweaters, but I'm relieved not to have to knit those fingerless gloves I thought would be my salvation for cold mornings at the computer.

3 comments:

Annabelle said...

60?!!!!!! I've got my thermostat set to 68 and I still feel cold. Talk about a California wimp...

Ginger Root said...

This is what I'm saying- get yourself a little space heater and some long underwear and you'll finally be happy :)

lou jones said...

i'm getting you some fingerless gloves tomorrow. it's a STAT! sort of thing.
(found a great source)