Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Work!

I got a job! A real job, with cubicles and office hours and health insurance and everything. It's one of those 9-5 jobs I've heard so much about, except it's really 9-4:30. The position is "Housing Choice Voucher Caseworker." It has something to do with helping people get into section 8 housing. We'll know more September 10. And just in case I started to miss leading worship, I'll be filling the pulpit of a small congregation about an hour out of town at the end of September. And they even have a children's message in their liturgy!

I still don't know what my ministry will look like 10 years from now, but I have health insurance, a pulpit, and work that helps people. It's a good start.

3 comments:

mackmack said...

sounds like good news... and exciting and fulfilling!

Robin Edgar said...

Well it has to be a better start than Rev. Diane Rollert`s U*U ministry at the Unitarian Church of Montreal. . .

The Drama Teacher said...

Your blog is so upbeat and positive. Mine is such a rant. Ah well. Miss you.

Arcadia